Monday, February 21, 2011

Culinary Failure!

Whenever my hubby and me talk about culinary, he will teases me about my 1st fried rice that I prepared years ago.

Frankly, I don't how to cook when I married him 10 years ago! Okay, let me tell you why he teases me about it.
That day I choose to prepare fried rice because I thought it's easy than other menu. I used my common knowledge didn't refer to any recipe book.( Malu mo tanya plus masa tu I don't have/keep recipe book with me)

I still remember the ingredients of my fried rice :- a can of sardine, garlic, chillies, salt and a big bowl of cooked rice. I fried the meshed sardine, garlic and chillies together then I putted the cooked rice, added salt and done. At that time seronok la sebab manage to prepare something for my hubby. I don't even thought to taste it 1st.

So right after my hubby returned home, I asked him to taste my fried rice and do you know what he said??
" Awak masak ape ni?? Rasa macam NASI KUCING la.."
I tasted it and he was right because it tasted like cats' food!!! I felt so ashamed and I vowed that I will never cook anything without consult anybody..

I sulked for few days because of this nasi kucing incident but now when I think back it's kind of funny. After that I bought recipe books for cooking simple and daily dishes and never experimenting with my common knowledge in culinary..

One lesson I learned that day was to taste my cooking 1st before serving it to other people. My hubby said it's basic knowledge in culinary.

I am lucky because since that day my hubby is the doing the cooking task. I just help him to prepare the ingredients. I can cook but I am no chef! I don't have the talent in culinary though I loves food very much..

I think lots of people out there have their own experience with cooking and this is mine.. 

Note: I always admire people who expert in cooking because they can turn simple food into mouth watering dishes. They said everyone can cook but I definitely a failure in culinary..*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...