Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Glimpse Of Our Short Holiday At My Hometown


It seem like I abandoned my blog for quite sometimes. Last post from me was like a week ago right before I went back to my hometown with hubby and my kiddos. Well, I do miss to write my thought in this blog of mine but seem like lots of ular melintang bilang si aki (*laughing).. So, here I am typing and editing pics while waiting for the live anticipated match between Manchester United and Manchester City (Glory..Glory..Man United) with hope that I can post about my short holiday before it's become stale..

Okay, enough with my lame excuses.. Lets get back to the main point of this post. Yep, I am not going to write in detail about my short holiday in my hometown but only a glimpse of it. Why only a glimpse? Haiya, I think my story won't interest you all since most of you must been to Ranau countless time than us ba kan.. So, sikit2 pun jadi la (*winking)..

Eyas & Shasa excited for their 1st flight experience
My nervous hubby
We departed from LCCT on 19th April and can you guess what happened all the way of our flight to KK? I think you all can imagined it aren't you? It was 1st flight experience for my hubby, my eldest son, my daughter and also my youngest son. Initially they were a bit scared especially when the plane boarded but they overcome the feeling in a nick of time.. I intentionally choose the back seat row nearby to the toilet and exit door. Easy for me to attend my kiddos.. Ehemm, faham2 saja la ok.. My hubby sat far away from the window because he was afraid that he will nauseated if he look out of the window but he couldn't help his curiosity when our eldest son describing to him the amazing view he saw from the window. So, he exchanged seat with my eldest son when we almost reached our destination, KK and started questioning me about everything he saw down there like a little kid (LOL)..


We were fetched by my brother, Bitot once we arrived at Terminal 2, KK and spent a night at my brother house before we went back to Ranau. Oh ya, I forgot to mention my brother has a huge dog called Ribbon who is friendly with his wife(Shima) cat. Even though Ribbon is a tame doggy but my brother chained him just in case or precisely because my hubby is afraid of dog. My brother also warned my mother to chain our dog..

Ribbon & Me..
The next day we went back to Ranau after we got our rented Myvi. Ya, we rented a car instead of taking bus or taxi or Unser because we think renting a car was more suitable and comfortable for us since we were traveling with kids. Well, it's easy to stop anywhere if we need to attend our kids. I will tell more about this renting car service which we think the best and cheapest than other car renting services in KK.

Along our journey from KK to Ranau, we stopped like more than 10 times since my hubby is amazed and fascinated with the view and the freshness of the air.. We arrived at Pekan Ranau at 2pm.. It took us almost 4 hour from KK to Ranau, the longest driving I been experienced (LOL). Kalau naik bas/teksi/Unser konpem x sampai 2 jam sampai Ranau.. But that was expected since hubby only driving at 40 - 50 km/hour. I went to buy mineral water supplies before continuing our journey to Kg. Tudangan which only took 15min from Pekan Ranau.

Home Sweet Home..
We were greeted by my mother and I just can't described my feeling for at last managed to come back home with my whole family.. Mixed emotion flooded my heart at that moment...Yep, this is my home, my real home, my playground, a place where I grew up, a place where thousand precious memory created, a place that I want my kiddos and hubby to love and appreciate because I want to built my own house and spend my time with them here after I retire.. A place where I want to bury... Oppss, sorry.. I am carried away by my emotion (*smiling)..

My kids were of course fascinated by their surrounding.. Paddy field, small river, trees, human made ponds etc.. My hubby said he feel awkward at first but quickly recovered when he realized that nobody is angry with him.. Everyone is welcoming him.. I told you so hubby.. We, Sabahan people are friendly..

Our Paddy Field
I wanted to help my mother mengomot but the rainy day prevented me from doing so.. I was frustrated since I anticipated this but sometimes thing won't work as we planned, isn't it.. So, i didn't want to dwell in my frustration and we went to the pasar petang where I satisfied my cravenness of sayap ayam versi Ranau.. I should say that I kind of pajak the sayap ayam (LOL) and that night we were having dinner with rice + sayap ayam as our dishes.. Pssst, my hubby said our sayap ayam is finger licking good.. Hahaha, kan saya suda cakap, satu kali rasa mesti mau lagi (*wink2)..

On Saturday, we went to Kinabalu National Park, Dreamworld Resort (only to take pics with awesome view), Desa Cattle, and Poring Hot Spring with my nephew, Ellysia (Ogou) who acted like our tourist guide. Of course we also want to visit the Luanti Fish Massage, Sabah Tea, Sg. Biru etc but the weather was not good enough for us to continue our journey plus we don't have enough time. Well, we can save those places for our next holiday right.. My hubby said Ranau gonna be our fave rest pit since he is in love with my hometown.. Even now he said he miss my hometown already.. Should I do the break dance since my mission is accomplished??

Eyas attached to his Odu already
Going back to KL feel so hard because my kids really like being there in my village.. No wonder since back there they have a large space of playground where they can play with no worries but I did not allow them to play nearby the river because it's raining season and the water level might rises all of sudden. To tell the truth, my kids look like a Jakun because lots of thing look different to them. Can you believe my kids called those hens and roosters 'Birds'! (LOL). The kids also love the cool weather especially at night. Even now, they are complaining about the heat here in Puchong and wishing that they are in my hometown instead..We returned to KL on 23th April with lots of happy memory and hoping to go back to my village soon. Hopefully we can make it again next year.. Insyallah..

That's a glimpse of my family holiday in my beloved hometown, Kg. Tudangan, Ranau. So sorry because this entry is not in good order (*puppy eyes).. You know, I just write down what come across my mind but hopefully you can get what I am trying to share.. Kalau x faham, buat2 faham saja la kio..

Alamak, the match started already so I must stop now but before that let see some of pics taken during those few days in  my hometown...Until next post, good night and Happy Labor Day  Everyone!

view that fascinated my hubby

another view that caused my hubby to stop and snap a pic

Kinabalu  Park

At Dream World Resort

At Desa Cattle

At Hot Spring yet the kids more excited berendam dalam air sejuk

It was raining while this pic snapped


posted from Bloggeroid

5 comments:

  1. Sgt happy baca ur entry moy! To make someone to love our hometown is not easy and when they do we are the happiest person kan! My kids pun kalau blk tg aru tmpt laki sia pun mcm jakun jg. Hahaha.. Ba, lps ni mau standby duit and book tiket bila AA buat promo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah..sioknya ni kan. Berseri seri nampak muka dapat balik kampung kan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Just Memang sia terlampau happy ni moi.
    Anak2 sia bukan jakun yg biasa2 ni tapi yg tahap gaban suda..hahahaha Iya, mmg mo kena standby duit ni mo book tiket bila AA buat promo lagi..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anne betul ooo ko ckp anne.. kwn 1 ofis pun ckp muka sa nampak lain lps sa balik kg.. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. auntie!!! i wish i got holiday that time to meet you all..huhu.too bad i'm stick here in labuan >.<

    ReplyDelete

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...