Thursday, June 25, 2015

Picnic At Sungai Congkak

During the recent school mid-term break, I didn't plan any trip or holiday for our family because the budget is quite tight nowadays plus I am saving for approaching Ramadhan and Aidilfitri. 

However, knowing that the kids need a fresh air and their dose of nature, we visited our favorite camping/picnic spot at Sungai Congkak. Kiddos love this place because it remind them of the stream nearby my home at village. They miss our kampung so much! Hopefully can secure our flight ticket end of this year or next year (*finger crossed)

Visiting Sungai Congkak cost me nothing except for the parking fee (and foods of course) but nobody collecting those fee when we went there during the mid-term break. Normally there will be local people collecting RM5 per car. It was really a nice small river/stream with clean and clear water. We didn't bring any foods with us because there are lots of stall selling various kind of foods along the road and the riverside..

We let the kiddos play to their heart content before we went to their grandma place. Mister drove a little bit further and we realized that there are trekking area too. Will explore this area in future with kiddos. Oh yeah, I really loves nature but I am phobia of earth worm! Pathetic, I know right...

On the way to kiddos grandma place, we passed by the Semenyih Dam. The view is so beautiful and majestic. No wonder it is popular as a photoshoot background. We parked for a while and let the kids fed the monkeys (from inside our car) that loitering around waiting for visitors to give them foods. Well ya, sempat juga saya practice picture snapping skill yang saya belajar dari online sama kawan i.e si Just, ngehehe! Scolded mister few times sebab kasi fokus tu kamera on me instead of the view. Siou kio darling, LOL!

Overall, kiddos having fun and I got to spend quality time with them. Yeah, I know their trip was not as luxury as their friends but I rather bring them to the place where they can learn to appreciate the nature than to the place where they can only learn to spend and show off.

Snapped few pics just enough to capture the moments we spend together:-

Wefie!

kiddos and me kesiukan berendam. jernih kan tu air...
Hasil latihan, ngehehe!
Saya dan rakyat jelata :D
P/S:- I think most people know about but just for those not aware, resort and chalets are available for those who want to spend a night there and get the feel on living among the nature. 

1 comment:

  1. best kan klu selalu dpt spent quality time with the family :) sa pun suka. lg ramai lg best. hihi

    ReplyDelete

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...