Monday, December 29, 2014

MY 1ST 21KM: PJ HALF MARATHON 2014

I did my 1st half marathon 3 weeks ago on 7th December during PJ Half Marathon 2014. I never expect that I could finish it within 3 and half hours since I was still curing my ITBS from the last run. Yes, I honestly feel proud of myself for able to reach the finish line without any proper training and saddled up with ITBS problem. My knees was killing me and stairs became my enemy for few days afterward but it didn't marred the happy feeling for ticking one of my things to do list this year.

Though I was all alone by myself but the run was really enjoyable (minus the knees pain)  because I encountered lots of wonderful and encouraging runners all the way to finish line. I was also fascinated by few runner who able to run while pushing a baby stroller for 21KM and also those who able to run non-stop wearing fancy outfit. Jakunnya saya kan..Hahaha!

Regarding the event itself, I think it was a success except for few flaw that the organizer should take note especially water supply - not enough water for the runner at the last station. Water supply at the last 2 station was limited/not enough when I reached them yet there were like 50 or more runners behind me. Beside that I feel deceived by the organizer because I didn't received any goodies bag as stated in the registration form. I wouldn't mind if the run was organized for charity but it was not for charity so saya rasa tidak berbaloi bayar mahal-mahal..Grrrrr! Well, it's okay then. Next year I will think twice, nope 10th time before joining PJ Half Marathon..Hahaha!
Pre-run pic
Peace from Tunung at 16KM point
Yay! I made it!!
The result...hehehe


This event is my last running event for 2014 and I hope I can join in more running event in year 2015 (*finger crossed). That all for now and till next post ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...