Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Baby die at daycare centre & SIDS


I am surfing through the star online when this headline catch my attention.. Not again, i said to myself right after i read this title..
My 1st impression is the daycare center must be careless..

But after reading the news further, I feel a bit guilty for jump into conclusion before knowing the whole story.. and the story make me think of sudden death infant syndrome (SIDS)..

What is sudden death infant syndrome? Typically the infant is found dead after having been put to bed, and exhibits no signs of having suffered. However, it should only be applied to an infant whose death is sudden and unexpected and remains unexplained after the performance of an adequate postmortem investigation including:

  1. an autopsy;
  2. investigation of the scene and circumstances of the death;
  3. exploration of the medical history of the infant and family

The cause of SIDS is unknown. Although studies have identified risk factors for SIDS, such as putting infants to bed on their stomachs, there has been little understanding of the syndrome's biological cause or potential causes. The frequency of SIDS appears to be a strong function of the infant's sex, age and ethnicity, and the education and socio-economic-status of the infant's parents.

In the case of above headlines, I really hope that the baby death is related to SIDS and nothing to do with the people who manage the daycare centre.. I have a kids being taken care by other people and news like this really terrified me.. People to whom we entrust our kids should carry their responsibility honestly..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...