Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Mourning Heart

It's been 4 days since the shocking 6.0magnitude earthquakes hitting my beloved hometown, Ranau and our symbolic Mount Kinabalu yet I am still unable to give full concentration over work for what happened there. I may not there but my thought, heart and soul always wander back to my hometown.

Being a pure Dusun, who speak fluent Dusun and I grew up with customs and rules (it's in my blood) even after I have my own faith(religion), it really hurt me to read and listen to people mocking and making fun of my ancestors belief over recent earthquake that altered Mount Kinabalu forever. No matter how ridiculous their belief might sound, it's really wrong and unethical for us to ridicule their belief. Who we are to judge their faith and belief ?

Blaming others is not my nature because I believe everything happened for reason that only the Almighty God know. I feel so sad to the families of those who lost their lives on the Mount Kinabalu. I can only offer my prayer to them so that they will be given the strength and will-power to face the grieves of losing their loved one. I believe all of us, Sabahan wherever we are, mourning and crying in silence over the life lost and effected over the earthquake that hit Mount Kinabalu on that fateful day.
Call me paranoia but I am still worried for my family and friends back in Ranau because natural disaster is unpredictable but I am hoping and praying that everyone will be safe. Mom said the spirit of the sacred mountain is showing its anger over the recent disrespectful act by several tourist during their hiking trip. Menurut cerita orang-orang tua, Ranau akan ditimpa musibah besar kalau Gunung Kinabalu runtuh.. Wallahu a'lam..

Yesterday yet I am still mourning over the loses..

Life goes on but they will never be forgotten..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...