Monday, July 19, 2010

READ BOOKS, THEY ARE GOOD FOR US.

I am book lover. It's sound funny but i do love book as much as i love my work..
When I start reading I won't sleep, not until I finish reading the book. Once I start reading, nothing can't stop except for attending my kids need.

Before i was introduced to online website that enable me to download a book/novel/etc. I bought my reading material from local bookstore such as MPH and POPULAR. Since I get to know  website such as Wattpad, 4Shared etc. I prefer to download it from those website. However for my hard copy collection I still buy some of it from the bookstore.

Reading the downloaded copy and reading the hard copy is two different experience but i like either of it as long as i can read as  many as i can. Well reading the hard copy one will definitely save energy a lot because it won't need us to switch on our computer and we can bring it anywhere we want. However when i am out of budget to buy one, i will surf through the web and download it from there.

Reading is one of my way to release my tension. My hubby found it weird and funny but I do find my peace in reading.I have no preference in my reading material. I can read fictional, non-fictional, science, art, magazine etc as long as it can give me information and satisfaction.. However I love reading romance novel. My favorite author is Julie Garwood, Sidney Sheldon, Agatha Christie, Sara Craven, Lynne Graham, Judith McNaught, L.J.Smith and many more..

I also like classic book such Jane Eyre, Bronte' Sister, Wuthering Height, Pride and Prejudice, Sense And Sensibility, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet etc.. I have a very long list!

I am trying to plant my reading enthusiasm in my kids and I am very proud of myself because so far all of my kids show their interest in books. I really hope they won't follow their father dislike in books. My hubby never show interest in reading material other than entertainment and sports magazine and also newspaper. But I think it's better than nothing.

People who do not read tend to miss a lot of useful information, idea, knowledge, alertness etc. In fact, they will miss a lot of things.. No wonder person like Paris Hilton who admitted that she never read don't know anything about life but her own life.. Following link noted down few tips for those who want to learn to love reading;

How to Love Reading


I know how hard to educate our kids to love books because me too having the same problem. I have search through the net and found some useful tips for mother and father out there who want their kids love reading:

Reading Tips ( By Reach Out And Read National Center )
1) Make Reading Part of Every Day - Read at bedtime or on the bus.
2) Have Fun - Children who love books learn to read. Books can be part of special time with your child.
3) A Few Minutes is OK - Young children can only sit for a few minutes for a story, but as they grow, they will sit longer.
4) Talk About the Pictures - You do not have to read the book to tell a story.
5) Let Your Child Turn the Pages - Babies need board books and help to turn pages, but your three year-old can do it alone.
6) Show Your Child the Cover Page - Explain what the story is about.
7) Show Your Child the Words - Run your finger along the words as you read them.
8) Make the Story Come Alive - Create voices for the story characters and use your body to tell the story.
9) Ask Questions About the Story - What do think will happen next? What is this?
10) Let Your Child Ask Questions About the Story - Use the story as an opportunity to engage in conversation and to talk about familiar activities and objects.
11) Let your Child Tell the Story - Children as young as three years old can memorize a story and many children love an opportunity to express their creativity.

READING QUOTES :-
Books are the legacies that a great genius leaves to
mankind, which are delivered down from generation to
generation as presents to the posterity of those who are yet unborn,
~ Joseph Addison  ~

 A room without books is like a body without a soul.
~ Marcus T. Cicero ~

When I look back, I am so impressed again
with the life-giving power of literature. 
If I were a young person today, trying to gain a sense of
myself in the world, I would do that again by reading,
just as I did when I was young.
~ Maya Angelou ~

Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted;
nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider.
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed,
and some few to be chewed and digested:
that is, some books are to be read only in parts,
others to be read, but not curiously, and some few
to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention. 
~ Francis Bacon ~
Why does a charge disrupt the varying mystic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...