Friday, December 2, 2011

Kids Of 90's

I rarely post any direct update on my Facebook account nowadays but still I check on people especially my families and friends update regularly.. Yesterday I stumble upon an updates from a friend which remind me of the old time and I re-shared it on my FB. It's an interesting update, just read below which I copied & pasted it here in my blog :-
I grew up in the 90s. :D

We are the last generation who learned to play in the street, we are the first one who've played video games, and we're the last ones to record songs off the radio on cassettes and we are the pioneers of Walkman and chat-
rooms.

We learned how to program the VCR before anyone else, play with Atari, Super Nintendo, & Genesis. We also believed that the internet would be a free world.

We are the generation of the POKEMON, Digimon, Thunder Cats, Power Rangers, Dragon Ballz, Ninja Turtles, Transformers, and Doogie Howser MD. Traveled in cars without seat belts or airbags, lived without mobile phones.

We didn't have +99 television stations, flat screens, surround sound, mp3, iPods, Facebook or Twitter but nevertheless we had a GREAT TIME! :)

(Re-post if you're one of us!)
Image by Mr. Google
Well, I definitely didn't played on the street when I was a kid. The jungle and the paddy field was my playground! I climbed tree like a monkey back then and still have those 'expertness' even now with 4 kids (*laughing). Yes, I did have a walk-man when I was in form one which is given by my older brother and I involved with chatting world (MIRC) when I was around 16teen. I never played Atari or Super Nintendo or Genesis because I can't afford to have those luxury. The only games I know is Super Mario Brother (*smile). We, the village kids rather stayed outside playing with dirt than being in home playing those games..LOL! Of course cartoons show such is Power Rangers, Thunder Cats, Dragon Balls, Ninja Turtles, Maskman, Gaban, Rugrats, the smurfs, Tom & Jerry etc were part of my life though I don't remember Digimon or Pokemon during those times (*scratching head). Before my father bought our own VCR, I went to my big step-sister to watch rented video taped movies. In fact, we the village kids gathered to watch it and it was really a memorable moment especially when we watched horror movie (*smiling). Frankly, we all have a great and fun times even without today technologies luxury!
Kids nowadays are too pampered with this modern technologies! I don't know about other parents opinion but to me I will never let my kids to have anything like FB or any social network account, mobile phone, laptop etc, not until they are old enough to handle this stuff wisely. Old enough means they have to wait until they are past 17 years old. Hubby said that I am being unreasonable that all of those stuff normal for kids nowadays but I have my own reason and I will stick to my point until they give me good reason to think the other way. Well, kids if you excel in your study, maybe mama will change her mind? (*winking)
No matter how happening world nowadays, I still prefer my childhood and teenage years because I have such a great and fun time during those years. What can I say..It was irreplaceable! What say you?
Happy Friday & Happy Weekend You All!

3 comments:

  1. SIS, mee too. sungai and bulungkut (faham ka ni) is my playground. setiap hari mandi sungai. main lumpur. panjat pkok is also one of my pabret during my childhood... i really enjoy those memories... prehaps i will also do same when i have my own kids later. thats for their own good. i believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Wen hahahaha, dun worry mandak, sa paham ba itu..paling best ba childhood budak2 kampung!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. naseb baekkkkk... faham. mcm2 kita lalui kan. memang betul2 best jadi budak kampung. haha...

    p/s: sudah sia balas komen kak. mau copy sini mcm nda pla padan haha.. (ni bukan trip mau minta kumin balik) sebab teda kaitan tu entry kakak.

    P/s; lagi ps ps kan. okey teda pun malware... tapi sia paling takut tu malware... ko donload software antimalware ba kak. hehe

    ReplyDelete

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...