Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Borneo International Marathon 2015

This year I participated in Borneo International Marathon 2015 on 3rd May 2015 at Stadium Likas, marking my 4th Half Marathon and my 1st event in Sabah, my homeland. It was also my 1st time running with diarrhea all along the 21km due to my naivety over carbo-loading subject, huh! Luckily I made it to finish line with time below 3 hours, fuhhh! Lesson learned, will be more careful with this matter in future because running with your stomach keep signaling you that you need to poo ASAP is no fun at all hokeh (*sigh). Stumbled upon with few friends; Chegu Carol (we were running together for a while before I excuses myself to do my 'pelaburan') and Wency who greeted me 1st at the grandstand of Stadium Likas. That was my 2nd time meeting them after our last blogger gathering 2 years ago.

The event was a smooth, well organized one except for 1-2 minimal flaw (to me) that can be improve in future. Really glad that they 2-3 labs/toilet all along the route or else I might 'tercirit' in my running pant (*bitter smile). The volunteers were really effective and the cheering teams were so merry and supportive. However, the organizer should let the finish line area more open than blocking it and ushering the runner who finished the run to the grandstand at caused a massive traffic at that area. Macam ikan sardin tu finish line punya area. Oh ya, I really like the red vibrant running tee. Gonna wear it during my jogging day (kalau rajin pi jog la, wakakaka!).

Mister did not accompany me this time because nobody taking care kiddos plus he was working half day that weekend, so my niece (my brother's daughter) was the one who become my driver to and fro of the event. Thank you Opok and thank you mister :).

This event going to be in my list every year from now on (*finger crossed) and hopefully kalau tiada aral mister will able to join too in future. Ba, sharing few shots from the day of event :-

Compulsory pre-run pic :)
Yay, made it to finish line! Heart the medal :D
This area was crowded and this is my best shot. Kasi tebal  muka minta tolong orang snap pic :)
Screenshot of the official result
Okay, that all I can share about Borneo International marathon 2015. I have one more running story drafted and need to be publish soon (for my own record) before it became another stale draft/story. Enjoy reading & Have a nice day ahead people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...