Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dilemma Of Married Woman


While everyone busy giving their opinion about Anuar not guilty verdict which announced earlier today, here I am feel obligated to voice out about my dilemma as a married woman who want to catch up what I missed during my youth year. Sound like I am going to whine again huh..(*Laughing)

Last year, I mean few days before New Year, I called my mother back in my village and I talked to her about my future plan. Most of it about my intention to travel alone around Malaysia and guess what my mom said to me??? "Minog poh boh mingansau kopio dot nokosawo om kitanak Unung." English translation; "As you are married and have kids, you shouldn't think of being active/out-going anymore." Well, I don't really agreed with my mother this time because to me that kind of thinking is really ridiculous and selfish. Yes, I am married with kids but that shouldn't prevent me to enjoy my life & try to fulfill my dream. 

Image credited to Mr. Google
I don't understand when people have such thought that married woman should be content staying at home only and taking care of her kids and husband. Maybe some women might feel content but an active women like me will feel like trapped and unable to breathe. I already know that I am not going to be a full time housewife who stay at home taking care of her family only since I was young because I was and still an active person. But don't get me wrong because as other people some time I can be the most lazy-bone person you ever know when I am not in mood..

My main point here is about this thought/opinion of people especially the elder people that married woman should only think about her family and don't have right to go anywhere or don't have right to have fun! Every living soul have right to enjoy and live their life to the fullest and we married woman also want to have fun in our life. Please don't deprived us of our happiness and enjoyment just because of married status! 

I am done with my 2 cents(*rolling on floor laughing) and going straight to bed...Married woman out there, what do you think? Please share your opinion/comment because I would love to hear what other think of this topic. Until next whining okay!

Good Night & Happy Tuesday in advance!

17 comments:

  1. i think my mum would have the same thought as your mom! Moy, kalau travel, bw la sia satu kali.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You like to travel alone? Hehe..no offense. I'd rather travel with family, it'll be a lot more fun. But of course the married status doesn't mean we have to give up on things we like to do and accomplish. So go for it la!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Just ba moi mari la kita plan pigi jalan2 berdua seja.. Tapi dlm Malaysia ja la kio! hahaha..

    P/S: Actually kan mom kita tu risau seja ba itu..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Isabel Hehehe, no problem ba itu. I like s to travel with family too but It's my dream to travel alone since I was young. Before this I can't make it because I was busy to "enlarge" my family number but now I think I want to catch up and make it real at least once..

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah berani juga ko mo travel alone. For me, i love to travel with my loved ones.. :)

    Bah, if happen u travel alone dont forget to blog-it-out :)

    Btw, i agreed with u. Tidak semestinya married women stuck d rumah with family seja.. kan :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not married and I'm travelling.. ha ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @StellaClaire-Richard Hahaha, impian kunun masa kicil2 lagi ba tu stell.. Hopefully can do it at least once. Kalau jadi will blog it out juga kio..LOL..
    Iya ba kan, married woman pun mo juga ada masa utk diri sendiri..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Aki Hahaha, enjoy your single life dulu aki before kahwin.. pigi ko travel puas2 nanti suda kahwin susah suda sikit mo travel tau.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Blogwalking here from Just blog. Hey, we have a same dream hehehe. I travel a lot juga in Malaysia during my single time, after married mostly I travel with my family. But I've been to some places with my colleague. My husband said its OK for me to have some time with friend once in a while. But, travel alone as a mother and married women is far more diffrent when I'm single. I always miss my daugther especially..:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Nora thanks for dropping by. Yeah, IF I happen to travel alone or with friends soon, I am going to miss my kids too..
    My husband don't mind me to hang out with friends but the problem is I don't have close friend here in KL/Malaya.. So, most of time I hang out by myself watching movie or lepak2 at bookstore..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone should be allowed to have fun in their lives, especially married people. So that they'll continue to be happy or they'll feel as if they don't have any freedom. So once a while, they is a need for girls night out. But beware though, guys need their night out too. LOL jk.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Armstrong High 5 Arm! Husband & wife must compromise la ba kan.. Both also need their own space to avoid the feeling of being trapped..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. sia tak tau mau komen la sis tunung... sebab x kawen lagi tp xkan la nda boleh travel ba... boleh ba. perlu juga tu sekali sekali...kalau terperap sangat bolh jadi tekanan juga tu nda pat apa yg di ingini. tidak bermaksud la berlebihan. we know the limit la kan?

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love traveling and i travel a lot (urg bilang sbl kawin kasi puas la jalan)..haha.. But, for me, kawin is not an excuse for anyone to stop doing what they love to do. Take it like this, you take an annual leave from 'marriage'? ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Wen hahaha, komen saja ba.. Kdg2 opinion org yg belum kahwin lagi precise sbb belum ada wayar yg shot...hahaha.. betul la, yg penting tau limitation ba kan..

    ReplyDelete
  16. @TataJane correct, married status is not an excuses for people to deter us from doing thing we like as long as we know the limitation kan tata..
    Now I think I have an idea on how to get my mom approval since x senang hati sia kalu my mom still think like that.. Thanks kio mandak..hahaha =P

    ReplyDelete
  17. refer to your reply to Nora's comment.. sama la kita moy.. sia pun teda close friends to hangout di kl ni.. and Nora the only one blogger-sabahan friend yg sia hangout with once in a yr.. hahaa.. kwn d ofis mostly kakak.. yg baya sia pula mostly sdh kawin.. so dorang pun sibuk with family.. ba, nnt kita lepak sama2 k.. it would be great!!

    ReplyDelete

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...