Sunday, May 22, 2011

Little Notebook With Thousand Memory


My little notebook..
This morning I was rummaged through the kitchen cabinet when I found something belonged to me that missing few years ago wrapped with newspaper & hidden among the dishes & glassware. It used to be my handy notebook where I pour out my sadness, my disappointment, my tears  & my wishes but I lost it and never able to trace it until this morning. (Actually, it was an autograph book that I turned into notebook)

I stopped my activities, go the living hall and started reading whatever I've wrote down in the note book and then the tears started to pour unconsciously. Every single words written in this book reminded me of my hard time during the early years of my marriage. Every pages was written with a poem that pictured my feeling during those year and the content was really personal to me. I lost track of time while reading it and I don't even notice that I cried out loud until my hubby asked me, " What happened? Why are you crying?'
"Nothing important. It's just that this note of mine make me cry." I explain to him.
"What note? It's must really touching if it make you cry." Hubby teases me.
"This note," I showed it to him. 
"How did you find it?," he asked me with guilty look on his face.. Nah, kedapatan suda siapa yang kasi tapuk..
"I found it in our kitchen cabinet, wrapped with newspaper & hidden very well among the glassware," I said to him before adding, "it's okay. I don't mad at all but this note is really personal. I am just glad I found it again." 

Years ago, I was too shy and ashamed to share my problem especially something concerned with my marriage with other people including my family that caused me to undergo a very critical emotion breakdown. Then a friend of mine advised me not to bottle up my feeling/emotion to myself. She said if I can't talk about it, I can write it down in a book or maybe a piece of paper to ease down the pressure in my heart and mind. This kind of therapy really worked for me and this note is one of the media where I channel my worries and problem..

Unlike most people who preferred to burn this kind of books/note/diaries, I keep all of mine not because I can't let it go but more about the sentimental value to me. This little notebook really hold thousand of memory that I will cherish. Though most of it about the bitter time I've encountered but still it's precious because I learn a lots of lesson during those bitter day of mine..

What will you do if you found something that remind you about your misery? Will you burn it or maybe bury it or will you keep it as a reminder that you are a survivor? 




11 comments:

  1. i prefer diaries too... i used to write diaries before. but then i dont have a secret place to hide it so i stopped.

    something came up to my marriage last yr which forced me to create new blog for my writing purposes. so i type like i never type before.. just to ease the pain inside... :D We need something like that kan.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diaries...girl's bestfriend too.

    Keep it up because it surely makes you feeling much better...seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Just
    I still write in my diary/notes though I have one private blog because I have done it for years and seem hard to stop.
    Yes, pouring out our burden on a piece of paper or even on the PC screen really does ease out the pain..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Wyne @ Mouren Mauve Yep, it's really my best friend bah mandak.. My diary might not solve the problem for me but at least it is always willing to listen to my compalint =)
    I talked more about my life to my diary than to my mum.. kasian ba mo kasi paning2 mama sa yg suda tua pasal masalah2 sa..

    ReplyDelete
  5. sia pun jarang share with my mom sbb dia telampau worry ba kalau ada probs ni. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice..I still had my diary which I used the first year of my career. Treasure that notebook, manatau ada harga nanti di muzium..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Just Mom sa pun mcm tu moi.. Pantang kalau dengar anak2 dia ada probs, dia risau sampai buli sakit tu kadang2..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @gunsirit Nah, bila lagi ko mo buat entry pasal si ongor dgn diari dia ni guns?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Molly, its always good to keep notes of any special events, whatever as time makes us forget. Glad you found your note book. Must be exciting!
    And I remember those cute autograph books, of days before computers arrived.

    I kept notebooks since very young, as well working days diaries...and today can blog about days of old from my diaries.

    You have a nice day, and keep a song in your heart.
    Best regards, Lee.
    ps, nice piano music.

    ReplyDelete

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...