Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Oprah Show & Me


I have watched this show since I was 9 years old though not live on TV but I have to rent the VCR (video Cassette Record). Ya, you know we don't have ASTRO during that period of time and The Oprah show only broadcast once a week via TV1 or TV2 ( can't recall which channel ) so the only option is renting the VCR. Nowadays, thanks to ASTRO we can watch it live on tv but unfortunately after 25 years being the most watched show, The Oprah Show officially bade it farewell on 25/05/2011.. 

Image By Oprah.com
I am gonna miss this show very much because via this show I have get to know lots of amazing people who with amazing life experience, especially those who managed to rise from their downfall and outshine people around them. The host, Oprah herself is one of the amazing woman and I really adore her for her contribution and effort in lots of humanity works especially her effort to bring awareness about children abuse.

There are lots of unforgettable moments in this show and one of my favorite episode is the one titled "Is War The Only Answer?" which aired from November 2002 until March 2003. It was well known as Oprah's Anti-War Series and during this period of episode, Oprah discussed the pro and contra of America declaring war as a payback to the destruction of 9/11 and in the end of the episode, she concluded that declaring war will only cause more destruction than it already did. I hate war to violence. To me, war & violence could never solve anything but only spread hatred and cause more violence to surface. 

I believe million, or maybe even billion fan will gonna miss this show and its incredible host. I visited this show Official Website and read lots of love & farewell messages posted by fans all over the world to Oprah and me too did posted my farewell message to this show..Hehehe, I am not going to share what I wrote and if you want to know, you have to find it by yourself.




I couldn't claimed myself as The Oprah Show Baby as Dakota Fanning claimed but I did grow up watching & inspired by this show and Oprah herself. I even keep her word and quotes as my own "talisman" to keep my head up during the years of turbulence in my life and here are some of my favorites quotes from the show:-
Where there is no struggle, there is no strength
Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough
Turn your wounds into wisdom

This Show ended but it doesn't mean that Oprah will disappeared from the screen because she will running her own network, OWN.. Great, isn't it ? It's mean she can continue her mission to inspire others life and battle her very much concerned problem of child sexual abuse. I don't know whether OWN is available in our area and I am gonna find out later, but we still can watch it via OWN official website. My hubby said, you can always watch it via youtube..

Okay, time to get back to my pending task on my table.. Such a relief to share this hollow feeling over the finale of The Oprah Show... Walahei, ketara betul emo kan, pasal talk show pun buli sedih..tsk..tsk.. 

P/S: Is "The Late Show With David Letterman" still on air? Maybe I can switch to this talk show for the time being.. It was my father favorite talk show..







2 comments:

  1. OWN network??! wow!! Sia nda tgk ni sbb my mom selalu conquer tv dulu.. apa lg kalau bkn layan drama2 melayu dia.. hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Just
    OWN stand for Oprah Winfrey Network ba tu moi.. Hehehe,sa pun selalu juga termiss yg live punya tapi dpt tgk yg ulangan pun puas hati juga.. Best ba gia dia punya talk show ni..

    ReplyDelete

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...