Friday, May 20, 2011

Newspaper From Year of 1953





My sight is no longer blurry since I got my supplies of contact lenses yesterday after work-hour. I stock up to 6 pairs of contact lenses to avoid any trouble and I also ordered a new pair of spectacles just in case something like yesterday incident happened. 
For today I just wanna shared about this old newspaper that my mother in law got from one of her relatives/friend which is in fact look like a relic to me. I don't know exactly which news company owned it because the front page is totally damaged but from my research via online, I think it was special edition which is for the coronation ceremony of Queen Elizabeth II, the mother of Prince Charles on year 1953.

My mother in law said she had the newspaper for quite sometimes but she forgot about it and only remember about it when she found it among her loads of antique stuff in the storeroom while cleaning up the storeroom. She have to throw away some of her collection to make room for her new entry of collection. Can you imagine how many collection she have? I wish that my camera have not out of battery that particular moment so that I can snap a pic of the storeroom and share with you all, so that you will not call me bluffing.

Though the newspaper is 58 years old (based on the year of published), it's still in good condition. Besides the damaged front page, the other pages is remarkably good. However, you have to be very careful in handling it because it can easily torn apart. My hubby did tear apart a page or two due to rough handling that caused my mother in law cried out saying, "Ehhh..Pelan-pelan selak, nanti koyak!"

Some of the advertisement in this old newspaper caught my attention especially about the sewing machine from SINGER because back at my hometown, my grandparent did  have one just like one in the advertisement! Gosh, I never thought that sewing machine was that old. I wonder whether they still keep that sewing machine..

There are lots of fascinating articles in that old newspaper and several pages also mentioned about the coronation ceremony of Queen Elizabeth II at the Westminster Abbey.. I took sometimes to read that newspaper because I feel intrigued by its content.

Okay, here is some of the pic my hubby snap few days after the discovery of the old newspaper.
 
This page is about the scenery inside the Westminster Abbey On the Coronation day
I hit the google search button with above title
This page is about the Royal Consort

Dunlop is that old indeed?

Can you guess what is the "thing" above? hehehe..

The sewing machine 3rd from the left is same as my grandparent sewing machine back at Ranau

The list of England Kings & Queens

Article about the Crown Jewel & Regalia

Guess who was that little boy in above stamp? That's was Prince Charles!

 



2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's so cool to have such collection. My dad used to keep old newspapers too but some were already not in good condition. Kena makan tu anai2.. Huhu..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LadyKath It's one & only collectionof newspaper my mom in law have.. As I said it's still in good condition BUT have to handle with care.

    ReplyDelete

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...