Sunday, June 5, 2011

Thought For The day:- How The Poor Live


Image source: ning network
When I was just a little kid, I dreamed to be wealthy person so that I can buy big houses, can travel all over the world and can have everything my heart desired. At that age I thought money is everything and never crossed in my mind that there are more important thing in this world than money. Yep, maybe it's true that money can buy anything, can even buy your happiness but at the same time money make you blind and less alert with our surrounding.

Lots of people who have more than enough money tended to forgot how to appreciate their wealth and wasted it over trivial thing. Lots of wealthy people forgot to be grateful for their fortune and never give back to the less fortune people. To think of this fact, I am glad and thankful for what I have and achieved right now though I am far from wealthy but at least I earned it with my own sweat.

If people ask me whom I respect the most, wealthy people or poor people? My answer is poor people because to me they are fighter, a hero in the battle of misery. I respect them for working hard just for a bowl of rice. I admired their will to keep on living though they have less than other people.

Ya, wealthy people might earn their fortune by working hard too but over time they will forgot the hardness because they are too accustom to their comfort zone. If they were put into  those poor people shoes , I don't think they will last for even a single day.

Okay, I think I have rants too much already. Before I stop and switch off my PC, I think I'll leave you all with below moral story from academictips.org to ponder with:-
One day, a father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor people live. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family. On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, “How was the trip?”
“It was great, Dad.”
“Did you see how poor people live?” the father asked.
“Oh yeah,” said the son.
“So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?” asked the father.
The son answered, “I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden, and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden, and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard, and they have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live on, and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us; they have friends to protect them.”
The boy’s father was speechless.
Then his son added, “Thanks, Dad, for showing me how poor we are.”
Enjoy & have a blasting Sunday!


2 comments:

  1. Itu gambar katun tidak buli kasi basar...ehhehe..anyway..saya pun biasa sudah hidup miskin..ehhe

    ReplyDelete
  2. @gunsirit sya belum belajar lagi mcmana mo letak pic punya magnifier ba ni guns, hihihi.. Tapi mungkin juga psl tu gambar mmg mcm tu size dia mangkali..

    ReplyDelete

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...