Monday, June 27, 2011

My Mom Only Have One eye


Good day everyone! Just want to clear up the title above..Actually the title is referring to the inspirational story ( as below) that I found in academictips.org which I want to point out my own view. Yeah, it's the same website again..Okay, 1st thing 1st; please read the full the full story below but for those who have a soft heart like mine, please prepare your tissue box because you will definitely shed your tear since the story is really touching..
My mom only had one eye. I hated her… She was such an embarrassment. She cooked for students and teachers to support the family.
There was this one day during elementary school where my mom came to say hello to me. I was so embarrassed.
How could she do this to me? I ignored her, threw her a hateful look and ran out. The next day at school one of my classmates said, ‘EEEE, your mom only has one eye!’
I wanted to bury myself. I also wanted my mom to just disappear. I confronted her that day and said, ‘ If you’re only gonna make me a laughing stock, why don’t you just die?’
My mom did not respond… I didn’t even stop to think for a second about what I had said, because I was full of anger. I was oblivious to her feelings.
I wanted out of that house, and have nothing to do with her. So I studied real hard, got a chance to go abroad to study.
Then, I got married. I bought a house of my own. I had kids of my own. I was happy with my life, my kids and the comforts. Then one day, my Mother came to visit me. She hadn’t seen me in years and she didn’t even meet her grandchildren.
When she stood by the door, my children laughed at her, and I yelled at her for coming over uninvited. I screamed at her, ‘How dare you come to my house and scare my children!’ GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!!!’
And to this, my mother quietly answered, ‘Oh, I’m so sorry. I may have gotten the wrong address,’ and she disappeared out of sight.
One day, a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house. So I lied to my wife that I was going on a business trip. After the reunion, I went to the old shack just out of curiosity.
My neighbors said that she died. I did not shed a single tear. They handed me a letter that she had wanted me to have.
‘My dearest son,
I think of you all the time. I’m sorry that I came to your house and scared your children.
I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I may not be able to even get out of bed to see you. I’m sorry that I was a constant embarrassment to you when you were growing up.
You see……..when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. As a mother, I couldn’t stand watching you having to grow up with one eye. So I gave you mine.
I was so proud of my son who was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place, with that eye.
With all my love to you,
Your mother.’
 
Image by Mr. Google
We have to admit that story as above did happened in reality. Often enough a daughter or a son tended to forget or even worst to deny their parent existence due to their physical deficiency and their poverty. You know, it's like our very own folklore "Si Tanggang" who is ashamed of his mother appearance and poverty that turned into rock in the end of the story.

The story remind me of my own embarrassment of my mother when I was in primary school. Well, I have described my mother in my Special Entry For Mother's Day (paragraph 3) and that was the reason of my embarrassment. I was in standard 4 that time when I learned the embarrassment feeling of my mother because my friends always boasted up about their mother good being and merit. I will only listened to them and never said a thing about my mother because I knew the fact very well that my mother is just an ordinary kampung women.

As always, I will involved in prizes and awards presentation day because I was one of the presentee and normally I wouldn't mind my mother to come but that year I was nagging my father to come instead of my mother because I don't want my friend to meet my kampungan mother and realized the reason why I never bother to interfere in their conversation. 

"Why don't you want her to attend it? She was the one who attended it before this," my father asked.
"I don't want my friend to laugh on me because I have a very kampung mother!" I blurted it to my father. He was shocked and speechless. At that time I don't care about anyone feeling but mind.. Betul-betul buduh kan..Then my father realized what is going on in my heart, so he talked to me and those talk will always stick in my heart because it was the reason why I will always proud of my mother.

"Nung, when you were just a baby, you always fell sick and always admitted to hospital because you were born pre-matured. Everyone including me thought that sooner or later you will leave us. But, your mother never gave up hope on you. She stayed by your side, accompany you in the hospital and praying that you will live and you did make it. You were so tiny, weak and having this generic eyes problem (in Malay they called it "juling air",  a condition where your eye move when you stare at something for certain time and it will turn to normal once you blink your eye) like your brother but she was still proud of giving birth all of you. You see, other people might have a very beautiful and perfect children but in your mother eyes,  in our eye all of you is perfect, a special gift from God. She sacrifice her life and her time for you and still you ashamed of her? What do you feel if your mother feel ashamed of you just because of those generic problem?" My father asked me after a very long-meaningful speech.
  
I was gobsmacked and I cried very hard after that speech of my father. I went to my mother and asked for forgiveness for ever feel ashamed of her. Since then those feeling no longer crossed my mind anymore because I am proud of my mother no matter what. I only thought of her sacrifice and love for us that beyond word.

That's why I love to read and hear inspirational story because it help me to realize my mistake and learn from it. The story above remind me of my foolishness in the past and make me realize all over again the unconditional love that my parent have bestowed upon me and I hope that this story will make you realize of your parent unconditional love too.. Hmmm, siapa cakap time hari ibu atau hari bapa saja kita boleh cakap pasal pengorbanan dorang kan..

P/S: You might already know this story but as always me too want to point out my view..hahaha, penyibuk betul kan.. (^_^)V



4 comments:

  1. my late mom also moginggat, wear gonob,cannot read but can count...the day she was 'away' i slept with her gonob for almost 2 yrs..now i still have that gonob & her last shirt together with me ..ooo...how i miss my mom..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Admitting your feelings towards your mom before, in your blog consider personal jg tau. nasib jg ko sempat tau your mistake kan.. besa la ba tu kan moy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DiDa
    Me too have my mom punya gonob with me..sia simpan bawah bantal..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @JustIya, saya betul2 grateful sama bapa sia sbb dia point out sia punya mistake ba ni moi. Tu inspirational story kasi ingat sia balik kisah 18 thn yg lps..
    P/S: iya, very personal ba pula kan..

    ReplyDelete

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...