Thursday, March 3, 2011

Selfish Friendship

Source: Google Image
Once a cat was caught in a hunter's net. A mouse used to live in a nearby hole. The mouse seeing the cat in the net started playing around the cat. Soon a mongoose came there. He wanted to kill the mouse. As he lifted his head, he saw an owl sitting on a tree trying to catch him. The mongoose went very near the cat's net to save himself. The mouse thought "When the hunter takes away the cat, the mongoose will not spare me and the owl is there to enjoy both of us."

The Mouse went to the cat and said, "I can cut the net if you promise to save my life from the mongoose and the owl." The cat agreed. The mouse started cutting the net slowly and freed the cat only when the hunter was just near the cat. The cat took to heels and so ran the mongoose too. The owl was very much disappointed to see even the mouse running away to safety.

A few days later, the cat being hungry, went to the hole of the mouse and requested him to come out for a game. The mouse replied, "I sought friendship and saved you to save my life." Now you can go home.

MORAL : Don’t nurture friendship with selfish people

At first i don't get what the connection between moral of the story & the story itself. It's pretty confusing & it took me sometimes to analysis the story to fully understand what is it about.. In my own words, the rat sought friendship with the cat for his own benefit so that he can escaped from the danger that surround him for that moment..( hahaha, consider ja la the rat sex is M ).. Yup the cat was rescued in return but only because the rat was in danger. Means, there was no sincerity in that friendship!
Google Image

Sincerity is one of value that important in building a ever lasting friendship. I hardly encounter any sincere people here in my area and that is why I don't have many good friend. In fact I don't have any friend here in Selangor. Maybe I don't look hard but I really don't wish to befriend someone who take me for granted..


I still know some friend but their character is similar to the rat in above story & I rather be alone than befriend with someone selfish.. 


So, what about you? Do you want to have a selfish friend?



2 comments:

  1. The only true friend is the one who will always be with you when you are sad or happy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @gunsirit it's really hard to find such friend kan guns..

    ReplyDelete

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...