Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fear of Nonsense


There was a lion who feared nothing except the crowing of cocks. A chill would go down his spine whenever he heard a cock crowing.
One day he confessed his fear to the elephant, who was greatly amused.
“How can the crowing of a cock hurt you?” he asked the lion. “Think about it!”
Just then a mosquito began circling the elephant’s head, frightening him out of his wits.
“If it gets into my ear I’m doomed!” he shrieked, flailing at the insect with his trunk.
Now it was the lion’s turn to feel amused.

Moral: If we could see our fears as others see them we would realize that most of our fears make no sense!


Source of  story : dimdima.com


This story remind me of my own fear; the earth worm! If someone throw me into a place full with worm, I definitely going to faint.. Just thinking of it will cause me to have a nightmares ! I do not know when or how or even why but  as far as i remember I was afraid of earth worm since I was in primary school.. I still remembered on one incident during a rainy day while I was on my way back home from my school, where a villager have to carry me back to my home because I was standing the middle of the road, blocking the traffic, screaming my lung out and refusing to move just because I was surrounded by  worms that surfaced from its holes..

Most people saw my fear of the earth worm amusing, even my hubby always tease me. But the story above explained that most of our fear make  no sense indeed!


P/S:- I will never visit any place with worm breeding farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...