Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Malaysia No.1 in English in Asia

Is it true? You can't believe it? Impossible?
Well, YES it is true and please believe it because it's a fact. Malaysian people know the importance to proficient in English language so it's not really impossible. Click here for the full ranking



Actually, among the countries where English is not the mother tongue and despite of protest against our national English standard, we indeed in the first spot of English proficiency as stated by EF English Proficiency Index.

Wow, that's really impressive! But to me, from my own observant I think Malaysian people really good in English but only in writing because most of Malaysian people cannot really proficient well in English and I guess most of you will agreed with me, aren't you? 





So, to my opinion it will be a great fact if we can master English language in both way, literally & verbally. Most people can excel in English writing but to excel in it verbally really takes a continuously hard work. I know that most Malaysian people especially Malays and minor races ashamed to speak in English because they fear of being ridiculed by others, plus their lack of confident to converse in English. The only way to overcome this ashamed and less confident feeling is to just ignore what people might say and speak up despite the grammatically error because we can always learn and fix the error all along!

I still remember when my people said like this " ko kaka dia main speaking-speaking English " to me whenever I have the gut to speak English during my high school year that almost killed my effort to improve my verbal skill in English. Luckily, I never give heed to their mocking and now here I am, proud of myself because I am fluent in English! In fact, thanks to those people who mocked me back then that now I am good in English.. 

P/S:  I am still learning to improve my grammatical skill & vocabulary! 
Tips: If you want to excel in English, you  better have English-English dictionary because it explained the meaning of English words in English. That mean you will learn more vocabulary!

2 comments:

  1. sa setuju ni..dulu sa pandai writing ja (kunun) tp bila speaking adoiii mcm tu babay yang baru blajar bckp..tp skg ok sd la walupun broken english

    ReplyDelete
  2. @beaty

    broken english pun x pa ba.. yg ptg mencuba kan.. klu x cuba, sampai b ila2 pun x buli speaking tu..

    ReplyDelete

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...