Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ParenThots - What do you do when your child has nightmares?

ParenThots - What do you do when your child has nightmares?

My eldest son always have a nightmares. Even worst, he is sleepwalking!

Lots of funny and scary stuff he did during sleepwalking but does it worried me?
Of course I am worried all the times because there been incident where peoples died during sleepwalking!

It's easy to tackle nightmares but to cure sleepwalking will takes forever because there are no scientific explanation for this kind of phenomenon yet so far.

When my kids have a nightmare, all I can do is comforting them and accompany them until they go back to sleep again. I don't know how to prevent nightmares because it's impossible to control our dreams ( even some people said we can ) and though I prevent them from watching horror film, there is still a chance other matter might trigger the nightmares.

As for sleepwalking, there is no particular way I can tackle it but I did secured/locked dangerous place such as kitchen, bathroom and even the exit door to prevent any chance of unwanted accident when my eldest son sleepwalking..
I have read about sleepwalking in one of my favorite author " Sidney Sheldon" book titled " I heard That Song Before" where it was mentioned that sleepwalking happened due to the stress / pressure condition of individual yet I wonder what is stressing my eldest son since he is just 9 years old.

last time my eldest son sleepwalking( last week ), he broke our front door while trying to open it! I was totally scared when I heard the sound of something broke that night because I thought someone tried to break in only to find out that it was my son doing! I think I need to consult with expert about this matter to get further explanation.

Image Source: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment

Million Thanks for Leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...